Friday, March 5, 2010

Pre-Kick-off Kick-off


Good morning! Welcome to Tools of the Imagination, a weekly toy blog where I, Robert V Aldrich, will be reviewing various toys, action figures, figurines, and other tools of...wait for it...the imagination.

The purpose of this blog is really to share my love of toys. I will confess that I am something of a crazy fanboy - what with all the Transformers, Power Rangers, Evangelion, and a multitude of other toys that I own - but there is a deeper meaning behind all the little plastic figures that take up so much space in my home and in my life. I see them as an inspiration and a reminder. They are an inspiration to me as I navigate my own artistic works, and they are a reminder of all the fantastic stories that have come before me, who have laid the groundwork for the worlds to which I wish to contribute.

For those of you who are new to my work, I'm a novelist and serialist whose work appears all around the Internet, but is localized at TeachTheSky.com. However, I'm currently on literary hiatus until October of 2010, pursuing other projects such as this one. I have a long history with anime, video games, comic books, and many other realms within all things Geek. But one area I've never been able to fully explore is that of toys. With this website, however, I hope to remedy that.

This blog will update every Wednesday with a new toy review, discussing each in-depth and critically, evaluating factors such as construction, playability, and so on. Between updates, there will be sporadic little bits here and there about the toy industry, about being a collector, and other such topics of interest. I hope this will be a grand journey and I hope you'll join me for it.


- Have fun and keep playing

No comments:

Post a Comment